Tuesday 4 April 2017

Sing and be happy


I have made this  tag for the new challenge theme over at 
Things with wings




An opportunity to have a play with a couple of the new Oxide inks that everyone has been talking about recently.
This is one of my first results and I think I like the chalky colours , but I,  for sure need more practice.
The tag was layered with a few scraps, material, lace  and some computer generated words, to cover  the original words on the stamp which looked blurred on my  image..
I want her to sing because she looks  a bit sad to me, doesn't she realise she can fly away and enjoy herself.

Thank you for calling in to see me today, you are always welcome here.

13 comments:

  1. I think the way you have used the Oxide inks looks fabulous! I love how you have added your fabric scraps! This is a a happy tag despite your little fairy looking so sad! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her music note wings and the pretty background!! I will have to check out these Oxide inks...haven't heard of them before, but I like the chalky look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always happy, not sure about singing, may scare the birds away. lovey tag and great use of the oxides.x ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background looks wonderful Yvonne so looks like you got the Oxides spot on. This made me smile as it has everything I love on a tag including the touch of humour with the stern child being encouraged to sing . Wonderful! Thank you for supporting us at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops wrong Dt hat on..I meant Tag Tuesday lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic tag, love your little girl, and thanks so much for joining us at TT, much appreciated! Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - that's a wonderful tag - I adore this motif from Stampers Anonymous.. such a classic motif!
    Wonderful background and all the details are gorgeous Yvonne!
    Happy Wednesday!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute tag Yvonne. Happy to see you playing with the new inks, I'm still in practice mode myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh those musical wings are a winner for me! Love your collaged tag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous tag Yvonne, the Oxides background looks good to me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super cute tag! Fantastic background and image.
    Mar xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful , colorfull tag, and the little girl looks so sweet on it!!
    Have fun!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your little girl looks anything but happy, Yvonne! But I love the tag. It makes me think of parents telling their kids that they should: be happy, not be bored, or eat all their peas "because starving children in China would love those peas." lol.

    ReplyDelete