Sunday 9 March 2014

Wish you were here for FSC


We are taking inspiration for the new theme over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges from, ' Water, sea, river etc. You will find all the information here, and be able to see what my design team sisters have made.

The background layers for this card are all Graphics 45.  But as we are a stamping challenge, my main image is this Crafty Individuals stamp.
  I stamped it using Coffee archival ink  three times to get the look of a pile of post cards.  Aged them all  with Distress inks, vintage photo and tea dye to get the sepia effect, then splashed them with some water I clean my brushes in.  I had an accident a while ago when I spilled  this pot of water on some work in progress, this turned out okay so, I was happy to try it for real.
 The flower corner  is a group of fussy cut stamped flowers and leaves. I used water colour paints on these.,

Thank you for stopping by, the comments you leave are always appreciated.

13 comments:

  1. Dreaming of summer....

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece, Yvonne! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layered piece! Love how you have placed all the elements, it looks bril!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yvonne this is lovely, love the stacked postcard effect.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely vintage feel to this, the idea of your 'happy accident' to distress it looks good.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Meggymay...this is a gorgeous collage! I love this image!!!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so beautiful - full of warm golden sunshine and the glow of nostalgia. Fabulous use of the stamp, and great ephemera layering... it's a lovely card, Yvonne!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous vintage layers Yvonne and I love the CI stamped image taking centre stage xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is terrific and the stamp made me smile.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab vintage collage Yvonne, love the postcards and the colour palette!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, love those stamps and the warm colours are beautiful.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has a wonderful vintage appeal.I love the pile of postcards and the splashed water gives a great aged look.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete