Tuesday 4 June 2013

You're a Hoot


 I will have to explain that the new challenge at   Try it on Tuesdays is called,  'For the man in your Life',  it's Fathers Day soon and  and we all have cards for men to make, so we are asking that your entry suitable for the menfolk. Please pop over to TioT's for all the details.
The owl image is a digi stamp provided by our  sponsor for June Dilly Bean Stamps .

I got the idea for this design from the cover picture on a set of stamps by Joanna Sheene.
The words came from this set as well.
The leafy background  is embossed and shaded with a light covering of Peeled paint distress ink.
I drew the branch, so don't look too closely.
The owls  and branch were water coloured.

This is my last scheduled post, will be back home from caravan land at the weekend, when I look forward  to catching up on all your posts I have missed, Think I best have a pot of coffee not a cup close by.

Thank you for stopping by, your comments are always appreciated.


20 comments:

  1. A super card I love the owl I have used it as well I love you take on it. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the owl hanging upside down, and your hand drawn branch is just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving your owls, especially the one hanging upside down. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your owls Yvonne, I shall try to join in this week :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card Yvonne, love those owls!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun card Yvonne, love the design. Have a safe trip home and I hope you have the sunshine for your last week.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the humor in this card, the upside owl is so cute, and I LOVE your branch, you did a fabulous job drawing it! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥ ( fellow DT member )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it ! Thats a fab digi image used in such a creative way xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally adorable - cute, and a hoot!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous owls Yvonne,and a lovely card.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful fun card Hazel--love the images and how you have used them.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool, love the hanging owl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your owls Yvonne and that's a great branch they are sitting/hanging from !

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun card! Love those owls and had a nice chuckle over the upside down one! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those owls are the best and your branch looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a terrific card! You are super talented...with your drawing! I am your newest follower and look forward to seeing more of your great work! Hope you will follow me too!
    Melin
    Blog: MyPaperCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The owls are fab - love the idea of hanging one upside down - really cool! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card Yvonne, the owls look great and I love the embossed background. Hope you've had a good time away xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww Yvonne it's such fun ! love the combination of the die cuts stamping and embossed background :)
    Von♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for posting the information for this challenge. This is a really good idea for father’s day. I like the robot card on your link. I really like how the background goes with the owl theme. I like the use of color as well as the upside down owl.

    Online Accredited PhD Programs by Beth

    ReplyDelete