Friday 9 March 2012

Meet my Grandparents.



The Chestnut Theme Challenge GS 141 over at Gingersnap Creations is -Granny's Photo Album.
This had me reaching for one of the first scrapbooks I made about 14 years ago, to record our family's history.  Back then it was difficult to get stuff in the UK  to enhance the pages, hence this is a very basic page, but it means a lot to me.




 My grandparents were married before the start of World War 1 and he served in the Royal Navy

 I am lucky to be the keeper of some of the beautiful cards he sent home to my Gran.
They are also in the Family scrapbook, as you can see they have suffered a bit over the years and like many family items that  are only found by accident many years later.


The beautiful lace on the right is an oval shape when unfolded.
My grandparents lived well into their eighties and am so glad that my two sons are able to remember them both.

Thank you for stopping by I realy appreciate you calling.
.

11 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Yvonne, it's something I keep meaning to do, a wonderful way to preserve memories:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yvonne, this is beautiful all the way around. My grandchildren were able to know their great-grandparents, so I know how special those memories can be. My children and myself, really never knew great-grandparents. Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos! How nice to have such a collection of beautiful things, and a scrap book to remember them by! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful Yvonne, with lovely pictures and postcards, a real treasure.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful post Yvonne and thank you so much for sharing. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful Yvonne. I love family heritage and we are so lucky to have photos and mementos from our past families. The silk cards are beautiful. Items to treasure.
    Have a good weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My, what Beautiful treasures to have! TFS.
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow they don't make cards like that anymore, your Layout of your Grand parents is so sweet
    have a lovely weekend
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. What precious heirlooms you have there Yvonne and you've showcased them beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so exciting that you have those to keep!

    ReplyDelete