Wednesday 15 June 2011

Fly

Grungy Monday week-11 over  StudioL3http://studiol3.blogspot.com/ and Linda has set us another technique challenge. This time we have to visit Tim Holtlz blog here to find out all the details of the technique we are to explore..
I did the layer of the card ,coloured with stormy sky, tumbled glass and broken china distress ink,  following the instructions  found in the post on his blog way back in 2008. I had great fun when I got to the  stage of ironing the paper. [you will have to follow the link to see this bit]. Good job it was the craft iron I had to use, the household one  is only let out of the cupboard on high days and holidays.
Other colours used were, mustard seed and black soot.
The stamps were Darkroon Door and Crafty Individuals. Other layers of torn paper from my stash as are the rest of the bits and pieces.
Challenges-
The Stampman, Challenge 24 -Boys and Men
SimonSays Stamp and Show Show your Distressed /Torn Edges.
Thankyou for stopping by to take a look, I realy appreciate you calling and the comments you leave.

25 comments:

  1. Great piece, Lovely techniques! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great steampunk piece, love all the layers. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! I love all the layers and textures. Also it's great that you were able to do a trifecta with the challenges--a challenge all in itself! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Steampunk! Great design! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great steampunk design Yvonne, love the layers
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi MeggieMay! I love your steampunk piece. Love the textures and layers you incorporated. The twine wrapped around all of it is a cool idea, too. Thanks so much for sharing your design with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab steampunk Yvonne, love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I really like this ;0)

    love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, This is fab! Love the colours and all the elements. Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great background with the batik look. I don't even have a craft iron, I use my teeny tiny quilting iron, as my regular iron doesn't get much use either!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Yvonne
    A great card! The background paper looks fabulous- a great technique. You use these steam Punk images so well - I never know what to do with them! A fabulous masculine card! Thanks for joining in The Stampman Challenge
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome! Love the texture and the stamps are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific, now I still can't see it, but after the programme today I am softening. Why don't you enter this one into the St.Luke's Come Fly With Me.? Addy on my blog. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is very imaginative! I love everything about this card. The theme, the colors the design, the steampunk elements.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, love all the textures and the backgroud paper.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card, love the steampunk style.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love this - fab shabby colours, love the string and great distressed edges.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a great card. I love all the layers and tatters. Great masculine card and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is GORGEOUS! I want desperately though to be right there alongside you so that I can *touch* the obviously wonderful textures here!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You made me giggle at your craft iron reference. I just love your card. I am partial to vintage and steampunk.....today. I am a Libra and who knows which way the scales will tip.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous steampunk creation! Love the texture and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooh Yvonne, love this ! Great layers going on. My poor household iron has become a permanent prisoner in the cupboard...LOL! :) Nan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous! So much texture in one place. Love the steampunk inventor.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Magnificent...thetwine reminds me of the ropes of the ballon. Fabulous. gerri

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful steampunk creation Yvonne, the texture and colours are perfect!
    Thanks for entering our challenge at simon Says Stamp and Show,
    BiG HuGs Kim and the Team :)

    ReplyDelete